Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dimpled Pinewood Derby

Sunday, February 20, 2011 - Prodigal Son Del

February 20, 2011 - Sunday XVII of Luke: the Prodigal Son.
San Leone, bishop of Catania. Tone VI
Tone VI
The angelic powers were at Your tomb
and custodians
they were stunned.

Mary stayed at the tomb in search of your
immaculate body. You pre-
as hell, you were not
its prey;
meeting you went to the Virgin bestowing the
life. O Lord, risen from the dead
, glory to you.
Kondakion

I foolishly left the splendor of his father and I
dissipated by the vices
what you gave me, so I offer to you
the voice of the prodigal: I
sinned before you,
merciful Father, accept me

repented and treat me like one of your servants.
Apostolos (1 Cor. 6, 12-20)
reading from the letter of Paul to the Corinthians.
Brothers, "All I may." But not everything it should.
"All I may." But I will not be dominated by
nothing. "The food is
for the stomach and the stomach for food". But God will destroy
this and that and the body is not for immorality,
but for the Lord and the Lord is
for the body. And God, who raised the
Lord will raise us also with his
power. Do not know
that your bodies are members of Christ?
then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute
? Let it never be! Do you not know that
who joins himself to a prostitute becomes one body with
it? The two are, it is said,
one body. But he who unites himself to the Lord
form with him a spirit. Flee
prostitution.
Any sin man commits is outside his body, but you
the immoral man sins against his own body
. Know ye not that your body is
temple of the Holy Spirit in you and that
you have from God, and not your
same? For you
were bought with a price.
therefore glorify God in your body.

GOSPEL (Lk 15, 11-32)
Jesus told this parable: "A man had two sons
. The younger one said to the Father:
Father, give me the share of property that I
it, and he divided his property between them.
few days later, the younger son gathered his things
,
left for a distant country and there squandered his money on loose living.
when he had spent it all, that country
a severe famine, and he began to feel the pinch
.
So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that
region, which sent him into his fields to feed pigs
. He would gladly have fed with the pods that the swine ate
, but no one gave him
. Then he came to himself and said
How many employees in my father's house
have food to spare, and here I am starving to death!
I will arise and go to my father and say: Father,
I have sinned against heaven and against you;
am no longer worthy to be called your son
. Treat me like one of your hired men.
departed and went to his father. When he was still far
his father saw him and moved
ran, and fell his neck and kissed him.
The son said: Father,
I have sinned against heaven and against you;
am no longer worthy to be called your son. But the father said to his servants
: Quickly, bring out the dress more beautiful
and put it on, Put the ring on his finger and sandals on his feet
. Bring the fattened calf and kill it, eat and do
party
this because my son was dead and has come
in life, he was lost and is found. And
began to celebrate. The elder son was
fields. Come back when it was near
house, he heard music and dancing
called a servant and asked him What this might mean.
The servant said: Your brother has come and
father has killed the fatted calf,
because it was safe and sound. He was angry,
and refused to go. The father then went out to beg
. But he said to his father
Behold, I served you for many years and I never
disobeyed your command, and you did not
never given a young goat to celebrate with my
friends. But now that this son of yours has
devoured your property with prostitutes,
for him you slaughter the fattened calf. The
said the father, son, you are always with me
and all that is mine is yours, but now we must celebrate and rejoice
because your brother
was dead and is alive again; he was lost and
is found ".

0 comments:

Post a Comment